10 Fitness Domains
10 Recognized Fitness Domains
CrossFit workouts aim to improve the physical competence of an athlete in all 10 of the general physical skills.
- Cardiovascular/respiratory endurance — The ability of body systems to gather, process, and deliver oxygen.
- Stamina — The ability of body systems to process, deliver, store, and utilize energy.
- Strength — The ability of a muscular unit, or combination of muscular units, to apply force.
- Flexibility — the ability to maximize the range of motion at a given joint.
- Power — The ability of a muscular unit, or combination of muscular units, to apply maximum force in minimum time.
- Speed — The ability to minimize the time cycle of a repeated movement.
- Coordination — The ability to combine several distinct movement pat- terns into a singular distinct movement.
- Agility — The ability to minimize transition time from one movement pattern to another.
- Balance — The ability to control the placement of the bodies center of gravity in relation to its support base.
- Accuracy — The ability to control movement in a given direction or at a given intensity.
9 Foundations Movements
Sickness Wellness Fitness Continuum
Need help with nutrition?