Know you're ready for some barbell action but not sure where to start?
In addition to being an award winning CrossFit gym, we are also part of an exclusive gym family of Starting Strength Gyms, which is the training ground for awesomeness. Seriously, it oozes from the walls and the brains of our Starting Strength Coaches in the form of insane amounts of knowledge on technique and form and years of motivating people to get out of their comfort zones to the promise land. Starting Strength Coaches have been evaluated for their expert instruction and their understanding of the Starting Strength method. A Starting Strength Gym affiliation is your assurance of a quality training experience, whether you join as a member or you’re in town on business. The finest equipment, expert coaching, helpful attitude for your training goals and aforementioned awesomeness are all part of the experience. At Starting Strength Gyms, including ours, you'll be using barbells and free weights. Don't worry if you've never been taught to use them before, we'd love to teach you!
To Get Started:
Email email@example.com to schedule your initial consultation. We're great with beginners and have the knowledge and experience to make a nationally ranked powerlifter thrive (hey our coaches are some of those!).
Already an AK CrossFit member? Your memberships includes the use of Strength Gym hours. Be sure to review the the rules and contact Coach Erinn or Coach Ali for approval-we've got to see your awesome form before we can unleash you to barbells.
AK Strength Gym Training Times
- Mon - Fri: 7am-5pm
- Saturdays after 1pm
- Sundays after 10:30am
- Pricing for non AK CrossFit members: $75/month
- $20 Drop in rate
- Coaching & programming is available for an additional cost
- Rules & Guidelines here
What strength training can do for you:
- Build muscle mass
- Increase metabolism and reduce body fat
- Build denser bones
- Reduce the risk of metabolic disease (diabetes, hypertension, heart disease)
- Increase stamina and endurance
- Improve balance and coordination
- Strengthen immune system
- Increase mobility and flexibility
- Improve insulin sensitivity
- Boost hormone production (testosterone, growth hormone, IGF-1)
- Toughen tendons, ligaments and joints
- Build mental toughness and confidence
- Reduce pain and stress