10 Fitness Domains
10 Recognized Fitness Domains
CrossFit workouts aim to improve the physical competence of an athlete in all 10 of the general physical skills.
- Cardiovascular/respiratory endurance -- The ability of body systems to gather, process, and deliver oxygen.
- Stamina -- The ability of body systems to process, deliver, store, and utilize energy.
- Strength -- The ability of a muscular unit, or combination of muscular units, to apply force.
- Flexibility -- the ability to maximize the range of motion at a given joint.
- Power -- The ability of a muscular unit, or combination of muscular units, to apply maximum force in minimum time.
- Speed -- The ability to minimize the time cycle of a repeated movement.
- Coordination -- The ability to combine several distinct movement pat- terns into a singular distinct movement.
- Agility -- The ability to minimize transition time from one movement pattern to another.
- Balance -- The ability to control the placement of the bodies center of gravity in relation to its support base.
- Accuracy -- The ability to control movement in a given direction or at a given intensity.